Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sisters, Scrappin', Wine & Scary Movies!

This has been a pretty good week for me!

With my brother-in-law (Kim's hubby) out of town for the week, Kim & I took advantage of a little girl-time (with kids) & I crashed at her place for a few days. (I think my hubby, Nick, secretly looks forward to this time of peace & quiet AND he gets to sleep in the middle of the bed, where it's not sagging!)

It's also fabulous for me, since I get to have lots of girl time (gossiping, griping & sharing those girly moments!), & scrap most of the day with my sister, who is first & foremost, my BFF! Sure, I have another BFF & lots of great gal-pals, but Kim always comes first (sorry BFF #2!). It wasn't always like that - we fought like cats & dogs when we were younger. Funny how time changes things! Now, we hardly go a day without talking!


It wasn't all smoo
th sailing this week though - We had to deal with a very active 3 yr-old, a "bored" tweener, & a couple of crazy-barking dogs. And to top it all off, plumbing issues for the better part of a day! But amidst the chaos, we scrapped, played Bananagrams with cocktails in the evening (SOOO much fun!) & we watched 2 very stupid "scary" movies - we should have skipped the IFC ones & just watched the re-makes of Friday the 13th & My Bloody Valentine! Then we wouldn't have felt so cheated after-wards! (Don't bother with "Dark Mirror" or "Surveillance "!) Since our boys never like to watch the scary ones, so we like to get together for the terrifying ones! So far, nothing beats The Strangers ('08) for scaring the crap out of us!!!

The other benefit of hanging with her this week, is that we started on some new Scrap-a-Teeny Girls work! We are both working on travel albums to sell on ourEtsy site! Here's a little sneak peak of mine...
(Road Trip travel album in chipboard & acrylic)

We also brainstormed with our pal Rachel about possibly finding a local venue to either display/sell or buy outright our work to get some more exposure. The Etsy thing isn't going so great. We will talk to mom when she returns from a week in Ohio with friends to see whether we want to give eBay another shot or try the local venues. Either way, we had a great couple of days working on our projects together & swapping ideas.
Needless to say, there's nothing like a sister! I love you Kim!!!

PS - check out my Flickr Gallery by the end of the weekend! I should have some new work up by then - I have finally finished putting together my albums from our Italy trip from 2 years ago!!

No comments: