Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A surprisingly good day!

Greetings from Topeka!
I had a surprisingly good day today even though it started off a little iffy with the hubby in a "mood." But I had already told myself that I was going to get out today & do something for ME & I did!

First, I went to the local scrapbook store - Scrapbooks, etc. It is really a nice little store & I got lucky enough to come in on a day that they were doing a great little make-n-take! (I'll post photos tomorrow as I don't have my camera with me right now.) I found some fun little treasures to share with my "partners" at home (aka mom & Kim) & got a feeling for some products that aren't carried at home that maybe the Scrapateenies could work into some kits!

After that, I headed to Barnes to pick up a couple of my favorite publications by Somerset; grabbed a coffee & lunch at the cafe & then off to the store for chili fixins!

When I got home I collaged together a couple of frames for last minute Christmas gifts. It felt good to craft & get away from all the negativity at the homestead!

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve & we have "early" dinner reservations in this "party" town.
So, Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you all a bright & prosperous 2010!!
Raise a toast for me too as I'll be sawing logs by midnight!

No comments: