Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CC&M Autumn Blog Hop - "Handmade in Colorado" Treat Box


Hello & welcome to the Creative Cuts & More 
Autumn Blog Hop!
It's that time of year! 
Hope you're ready for some great ideas for the big Holiday rush & to get a jump start on all those
holiday cards, wall decor, centerpieces, gift wrap, &
more with us!
We've created a plethora of ideas for you with some amazing dies from Creative Cuts & More! So, grab your coffee, a note pad & get ready to jump in!

Hopefully you started at the beginning & hopped along from Chris' blog to get here (I just love her projects!!).  If not, you really don't want to miss what all these designers have done for you today! So start HERE & hop your way back to me!

Today, I am sharing the Tall Gable Box with you all! 
It measures approx. 3 3/4 x 5 3/4 x 1 7/8 & is the perfect little treat box to fill with all your handmade treats this Holiday Season!
Tall Gable Box
I ordered the box in the "Sapphire" Stardream Metallic Cardstock & assembled it with only ONE strip of Killer Red Tacky Tape along the back - the bottom of the box just folds into itself!
Christmas Ornaments
 I used three of the four Christmas Ornaments in a Smooth Bazzill, "Almond Cream" as gift tags with various embossed stamping on 2 of them & tied them on with some red & white Baker's Twine.
Moose & Trees
The Trees I ordered in a Bazzill Canvas, the front one in "Leapfrog" & the other in "Ivy," attached to another tree ordered in chipboard for dimension. I then ran them through my Cuttle Bug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder & embossed them with white ink & powder to give them some SNOW! I adhered them with more Killer Red Tacky Tape. For the Moose, I just couldn't resist ordering one in a brown felt (I attached him to the second one I ordered in chipboard too)! Don't ya love him! (Creative Cuts & More has tons of dies that can be used for your holiday creations! You gotta check it out!!)Then I popped him onto the box with foam squares!
I can't wait to fill this with some Homemade Fudge or Truffles (YUMMY!!!) this year & give it to Maggie's teacher!

That's it for me today!
Now it's time to hop on over to Kim's blog to see what exciting creations she has in store! It's always something great!!!
TTFN,
BECKY

13 comments:

Chrissy D said...

great projects!

Noelle Reese said...

I love it Becky! I am going to try that 'messy' embossing technique you did on the trees! They ROCK!
LN

@JoyceCasaldi said...

cute projects.

Dawnll said...

What a great project! Love the colors and texture, I have a friend that would love getting a gift in this box.

silvia said...

Beautiful gable box!! LOVE the moose!

Karen Gale said...

What a great gift box! The box could totally be the gift.

Holly said...

Love this winter scene on that gorgeous box. What a great idea to cut the moose from felt AND chipboard and put them together for a little extra support. Thanks for the inspiration!

lisa808 said...

Great box.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday treat box!

A Sarasota said...

lovely!!
happy blog hoppin'

mustangkayla said...

Love the moose!

KimL said...

HI Sis, once again your projects amaze me! Fab,Fab!!! Hugs Kim L.

Steph Zerbe said...

Just darling!! Love the MOOSE and the trees and ornaments! So, so fun!!!