Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Photo-venture in St. Paul, MN {{Heavy Photos}}

Wabasha Street Bridge entrance decoration & search lights
Most of you know that I spent the past weekend in St. Paul, MN attending The Creative Connection Event. While I was there, I had a little time to wander with my camera. Something I used to love to do & I thoroughly enjoyed my little camera-adventure!! Here are a few of the results...
Wabasha Street Bridge over the Mississippi River
Another entrance to the Wabasha Street Bridge
A Barge on the Mississippi
Barge going under the Wabasha Street Bridge
Minnesota Boat Club Building built in 1910
Charlie Brown & Snoopy in Landmark Park {Charles Schultz was from Minneapolis}
Heimie's Haberdashery est. 1917
Landmark Center, was the PO, Court House & Custom House in 1902
Another view of the Landmark Center. It now houses various art organizations.
The St. Paul Hotel built in 1910
The Mighty Mississippi from the Wabasha Bridge
Under the Wabasha Bridge
Stairway leading back up to the Wabasha Bridge
St. Paul Women's City Club back in 1931

The Art Deco Architecture of the City Hall Annex

Dark alley in Downtown {on way back from dinner with friends}
Bar doorway in downtown {what can I say, I love dark, seedy areas & doors!}
The Gopher Bar Coney Islands, {on the sign: George, Cheri & sons and Andy & Phyliss too!}
Twin Cities Magic & Costume in an 1880's Victorian Bldg.
I really loved wandering around & looking at all the old buildings. St. Paul is a really beautiful city with lots of history among the new! I hope to visit again some day!
And what would a visit to St. Paul be without a little venture to The Mall of America?
This place is CRAZ-Y! 3 stories of shops, food & entertainment, including an amusement park!! They even host the Annual ScrapFest every year - right smack dab in the middle of the mall & all throughout you will find scrapbookers taking classes & making things from various vendors! It's just nuts!
The Rotunda area with a giant classroom in the foreground & the Archiver's "store" behind the curtain!
Rotunda "classroom"
Tim Holtz's Class
Tim teaching
ScrapFest Vendor booths in front of Bloomies!
Make-n-Takes lined the walkways between the stores!
Women lined up for the MnT's!!
Don't get me wrong, you know I'm a diehard scrapper, but I don't know if I could handle this kind of chaos & take classes in the middle of the mall!!!
The top of the Graphic 45 booth, one of my faves!!
Above the LEGO Store! All Made of LEGOs!
The LEGO Dragon

GIANT wall of LEGOs!
I loved that wall!!!
 I couldn't pass up taking a picture of this great retro-style shop that I've never seen before:

Then, I had to wander through Nick Universe to take picts for Maggie! There were at least 4 roller coasters, a train, a log ride & various other moving, twirling, bobbing rides with Nickelodeon themes!

I decided to play around with the settings on my camera with the Carousel since I didn't know any of the riders. Kinda fun, huh?


Lastly, what would a visit to Nick Universe be without a stop in the gift shop for Maggie?!
Did you say "Spongebob?"


Just had to bring one of these home for her!!
That's it! The last of my stuff from the St. Paul/TCC Event!
There's a series of posts going up every day at  
blog that goes into more detail about The Creative Connection & what I did there.

This very well could be the last post over here as I decide if & how to incorporate this blog into the Teeny blog.
Hopefully you'll stick around for the ride!
TTFN!




No comments: