Friday, April 9, 2010

Gotta Get My Hands On THESE!!!

Tim Holtz is truly an amazing artist (not to mention, ADORABLE!)!
He just released a series of videos on his blog to introduce all the great Sizzix dies he's designed for his new Alterations line with them...http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/04/all-about-alterations.html

I got a bunch of his stamps for my birthday & now I've got to get my hands on some of these dies! I have to admit that I have picked them up several times at the store, but then I talk myself out of them because I wasn't sure what I'd be using them for. Now I can SEE the possibilities!!
He manages to cut through so many materials - even thick craft foam & made a foam stamp from it! He also used the Tattered Flowers Die to make a really cool layered fabric flower that would be awesome in an album or to wear!! (I tried to copy the image from the video(s), but it didn't work, so be sure to check it out when you have a sec on his blog or You Tube!)

The other day he wrote a little something about some of the new products that were introduced at CHA that look like a lot of fun to work with as well...

Glossy Enamel Accents!
Very cool way to add dimension to your pages!
I can't wait to try some on what is my most anticipated release from him...

The Texture Fades!!!!
Yes, they're embossing folders, but SOOOOO much better!
They are deeply etched in some places & fade out in others for that altered/aged look. AND, they are deep enough to really give great impressions on thicker materials, like chipboard & METAL (he shows these in one of his videos too)! Another great thing he thought of with these - they go ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE of your paper! No more funny line where the pattern stops! I Can't Wait!!!! That BINGO card needs to live in my studio!!!

If you're a fan of the 7 Gypsies fabric-like Gaffer tapes, you'll probably want to play with Tim's new Tissue Tapes too! They are thinner, so the uses might be totally different, but, OH the possibilities...


FYI- For those of you that live near an Archiver's, they are having a Tim Holtz Demo weekend April 16th-18th & I know I will be there right when they open on the 16th!! I have been wanting to get my hands on some of this for weeks, but have been holding out until I know that they have more of it in stock at the store! (BTW, some of the above products may not be in by the demo weekend, since there were production delays.)

His never-ending creativity is so inspiring! It makes me want to throw out my to-do list, be irresponsible & just play all day!
Anybody up for that?!!!
LOL!

No comments: