Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Long Live the Queen...Ahem, Maggie's Teacher (a Birthday Card!)

It's funny how sometimes your intuition tells you need to look into something & that something just happens to be that day! Well, that happened to me today when I dropped off Maggie at her classroom! I knew that her teacher's b-day was this month, but didn't know what day & had kept meaning to check...well it was TODAY!

So, while I was at the gym, I schemed up this little card in my head...I received my Marie Antoinette stamps yesterday in the mail (link is below in the "supplies" list - many AMAZING vintage style stamps here!!!) & was dying to get busy with them!!! It's not exactly what I had in mind, but pretty close! Sometimes it's hard to translate what's in the head to paper! I am hoping to tweak a few things & throw a few up for sale in the Etsy shop!
I would love to hear what you think would make it better too, so leave me a comment & you might just find me contacting you so I can send you one!

full image

close up of Marie

close up of banner

inside of card
There ya have it! My glitter skills need a little honing & I am not super wild about how the carriage stamped, but all-in-all it's a fun card & she liked it (& the Starbucks card!)! And that's all that matters, right?!

Tomorrow, (Maggie's cough permitting!) I get to meet my mom & sister at Archiver's for a little shopping (mostly window since I already spent my budget online & at Michael's this month!) & girl time! Hopefully I will have some more ideas to share with you soon! (I have to say, I am obsessed with Marie right now, so you might be seeing quite a bit of that!! Hang in there, it's pass!)

See you soon!

Supplies:
Card: Studio G, $1 bins at Michael's!
Ink: also Studio G & some Distress Ink
Glitter: Martha Stewart, Michael's
Cream Cardstock: AC
Banner Dies: PTI
Labels: We R Memory Keepers
Misc.: Colored Pencils

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

LOL Bring it! We can handle it! I think it is really cute! If you don't like the glitter you can always emboss the edges!
I think it looks great!

Lynn Stevens said...

A darling card and I'd never get tired of Marie,
I'm sure the teacher Loved it as well.
have fun with your girls day out
Hugs Lynn

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Oooh la la! What a an awesome stamp!!!!

P.S. I saw you were a follower of my blog. I had to move my blog as it got hacked. New address: http://julieannshahin2.blogspt.com Hope to see you there!!! xoxo