Saturday, September 29, 2012

Can't wait til Friday on this one!

I was going to wait & post this on Friday when I am participating in a Fall/Halloween Blog Hop with the Altered Pages Design Team, but I just can't! I want to share it now!!!

As some of you know, I went in for a hysterectomy on Friday, 9/21. That week before, I decided I would gather some supplies to have near me to do some fall crafting while hanging in bed or on the couch recovering. I knew I wanted to make a wreath of some kind but couldn't wrap my head around a specific style. So I turned to my trusty Pinterest friends & found this fun Halloween one:
source
Here is my spin on it:
It was super easy to make...I covered the wreath form with large strips torn from an old sheet first. Then I tore dozens more strips from the same sheet & simply wrapped & tied them all over the form. Hot glued some fun handmade & store-bought flowers; added a bird & the sign & VIOLA!
My Halloween wreath is done!
Here's a close-up of the embellies:
I also have a Thanksgiving sign & some fall flowers that I might just pop in here & there to change it up in November!
That's it for now!
I have a couple other Halloween projects in the works that are not Altered Pages related. So, if I finish them by Friday I will post them & include a link on the Scrap-a-Teeny Blog too!
I hope you come hop along with me on Friday for that - I went WAY overboard with projects & have tons to share as well as an awesome Halloween giveaway!
join us on Friday - HERE
Cheers!



1 comment:

CarlaKH said...

What a great wreath! Speedy recovery wishes too!