Saturday, September 22, 2012

Leslie Rahye's, A Very Fall Steampunk Blog Hop

Welcome to my post for Leslie Rahye's Very Fall Steampunk Blog Hop!
HELLO!!
My name is Becky Voth & I am on the Design Team with Leslie over at Altered Pages!
In addition to being a mixed media artist & photographer, I am also 1/3 of a team that includes my mom & sister designing for our little Etsy shop - The Scrap-a-Teeny Girls!
I'm so happy to have you stop by today!
Be sure to leave a comment at the end of my post to win this little trinket I made just for this hop:
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
flying man image from Graphics Fairy
Ok, let's get to it!
I have two creations to share with you along the Steampunk line, although one of them is an old creation & has nothing to do with Fall, but it's one of my favorites!
First off, I created a fortified, Steampunk birdhouse just ready for the blustery winds of Fall!
I started by covering one of those $1 pine birdhouses from Michael's with foil tape from the hardware store (an idea I got from Tim Holtz!). Then I inked it up with some alcohol inks to "rust" it & then just started adding my Steampunk elements! Finally, I added some "rivets" with Liquid Pearls from Ranger. Hope you like it!



 (I have also done a paper mache dressform like this & you can see that post HERE)
Secondly, is an altered Barbie I did in my art group last year...
My Travel-Punk Barbie
 
That's it...
Now you are probably wondering how you can win that FABULOUS pendant???
I have 3 simple steps for you:
1. Become a follower of this blog
2. Like my Facebook page - The Scrap-a-Teeny Girls
3. Leave me a comment that you have done all that & you will be entered into a random number drawing!
BONUS ENTRY!!!
Become a follower of my sister blog - Teeny Scraps of Us & leave a separate comment that you've done so & you'll have 2 chances to win
 **The drawing will be open until midnight next Sunday, 9/30!**
Good Luck!
Cheers!




 

14 comments:

Fabrizio Martellucci said...

All can I say is WOW ! xoxo

Winslowwoman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winslowwoman said...

Oh yes, these so have such a wow factor!! great work!!

A Scrap-a-Teeny Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslierahye said...

These are all great! The birdhouse is my favorite!! Thank you for being a part of my very fall steampunk blog hop!!

Danie May said...

Wow Becky these are both fabulous! I love all the wonderful details, particularly loving your fortified birdhouse, the hinges holding the keys and the light bulb perch....very ingenious. Gloriously Steam Punky! I love it! xx

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Loving your birdhouse!

Barbara Rankin said...

Wow, Becky. I love each of your projects posted. I am a new follower, I liked your FB page. TFS

Lee said...

Fantastic work, really liked how you combined your embellishments to your house/body form. Nicely done. Will share, new follower, hope to see more of your work.

Regena said...

that is really fantastic

Cari said...

Love that birdhouse! I am a follower & I liked your FB page.

Morninglass said...

all these projects are lovely! Great work!

BlytheSpirit said...

Any lucky little bird should be proud to call your house his home.
Love it!

A Scrap-a-Teeny Girl said...

Winner of the STeAmPuNk Necklace!
Morninglass is lucky number 12 picked from the random # generator! Contact me so I can get your necklace in the mail!!! - Becky