Saturday, January 18, 2014

Let's Raise Some Money!!

Ok, I'm just going to say it & get it out of the way…
I'm hosting a FUNDRAISER!
Whew! I got that outta the way!
It's never easy to ask for money & telling people you're having a fundraiser, you immediately get a groan & they ask, "How many rolls of wrapping paper or magazines do I have to buy this time?"
Well, this is not your typical fundraiser!
This one will be all about ART & of course, the kids…
Come learn to paint one of two Mixed Media Canvases with me & help us fill our basket!
(**See below for more info on what we are raising money for.)

Announcing the 
"Have a heART Painting Class Fundraiser"
Out on a Limb, 9x12
It was my intention to only teach the above canvas, but my 8 year old daughter (THE Magpie) wanted something more fun…hence the 2nd canvas! Both use the same techniques & are much easier than they look! REALLY!! I PROMISE!!!! 
{*see her small canvas at the end of this post*}
Have a heART, 10x10
It's all in the DETAILS:
WHEN: Friday, February 7th
5pm-8pm (Pizza donated by Terri & Jerry Bennett!)
WHERE: Larkspur Elementary Art Room
Larkspur, CO
WHO: Ages 8 & up
(parents must accompany kids, but can simply assist if they wish)
HOW MANY: 25 spots
COST: $35 per student; your choice of canvas

Registration:
1/20/14 - open to LES families & staff members only please
1/27/14 - Registration opens to ALL community members

Register for Tickets
(Cash, Check & CC accepted & PAYABLE at the DOOR!)
Please contact me via email through this blog (HERE) with the names of the attendee(s) or via text/phone if you have a flyer with my number on it. (When the class has reached it's maximum of 25 students, I will contact you to see if you would like to be put on a waiting list.)

*NOTE: Only participating "artists" (& their parents) are allowed in the classroom during this event. No other non-participating siblings allowed due to space limitations. 
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

**WHY am I doing this, you ask??
 Every year here in Larkspur, our local elementary school holds it largest fundraiser called the Boot Scootin' Boogie. It's a great adult-only evening full of food, fun, silent/live auctions & dancing! Our part as parents of an LES student is to raise money or donations to fill our classroom's live auction basket (in this case, Mrs. Marti's 2nd Grade Class). 
This can be a daunting task! So this year, I decided that I would hold an art class with all the proceeds going towards that basket! BTW - The theme for our basket is "A Year Full of Date Nights!" Our hope is to get donations for events, restaurants, movies, etc, but "best laid plans" & all that…So just in case, these proceeds will allow us to purchase what we need to fill our basket full of "Dates" to be bid on during the Boot Scoot event in May.

Besides that, I simply HEART ART & want to share it with you!!!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns!

Hope to see you there!
Cheers!


The Magpie's 4x4 version of the "Have a heART" canvas!
Side view!




No comments: