Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Little Pixie Dust, Please!


“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.” 

Isn't this little fairy just adorable? I believe my daughter, Maggie has named her "Blue Bell." I found her at the Old Glory Fair this weekend from a lovely vendor, Gretchen of Dutch & Ollie who makes the most wonderful & whimsical fairy gardens!
I couldn't wait to bring her home to Maggie so we could make our very own garden for her!
I knew that Gretchen also had a little space in our local co-op antique & gift mall called The Barn, so we stopped there first & we found a little kit for 50% off with a couple garden embellishments & then a wonderful tin bowl to plant everything in. Then we stopped at Home Depot to pick out a few plants...we decided to go with a few succulents & a cactus since they're easier to take care of in our dry climate!
Then we got to work!
Maggie did a wonderful job placing the plants & laying the pebbles out. But the most fun was placing her little Blue Bell in at the end!
Now I have to figure out a way to tell Maggie that this fairy doesn't fly off at night & hide for us to find her in the morning like her Christmas "Elf on the Shelf!" Maybe I'll tell her I read somewhere that our little Blue Bell is in the garden to attract more fairies & if we move her too often, they won't find us!!

Our little kit came with an arbor too, but it was too big for the pot we picked. So I guess we'll just have to make another one! Darn!
Cheers,

No comments: