Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wild Art Summer Class Take One

I signed up for ANOTHER class!
I know what you're thinking...yes, I have 3 others that I need to finish! BUT I can access all of them throughout the year (a couple are even FOREVER!)
This most recent class is taught by the fabulously sweet, Junelle Jacobson & it's an extension of her "The Art of Wild Abandonment" classes. I took the first one & met some terrific ladies through it & I just couldn't pass up another venture hanging out with them & Junelle!
Find it HERE
The class doesn't officially start until the 22nd, but she gave us a sneak peek at her lovely home & studio! She so frickin' sweet & talented! Her sketches & paintings are lovely & wait til you see her photography!!! What I wouldn't give for a photography workshop with her & all the lambs! Oh boy!
I should suggest that to her!

Anyway, our first mission, if we choose to accept it, was to sketch a porch swing...something I think our new home needs!
I had to find a little inspiration searching photos of swings online & found one made from a door & stair balusters (sp?)...I would LOVE to make this someday!!!
One thing that drives me crazy about real artists like Junelle - it took her all of 10 minutes to sketch her swing on a video for us! It took me an hour!!! I can't decide if I am going to color it in yet or wait for class to officially begin & see what Junelle has up her sleeve! I might practice my watercolor skills (or lack there of!) on this one below:
(Sorry, hard to photograph pencil drawings!) 
I "copied" this one from a magazine while waiting for my dad to get out of surgery last summer. It's been sitting in my Wild Art journal all this time, just begging for some color! And, no time like the present!

That's it for today! It's going to be hot here & I was hoping to take the Magpie to the pool, but it appears she has a summer cold. Maybe later this week.

Have a happy Wednesday!
Cheers!

2 comments:

fran pascazio said...

I am also taking Junelle's Wildflowers class and have taken all her other online classes....you're so right, she makes sketching look like she is writing a grocery list! With that being said, even if it took you an hour to sketch your porch swing, I must say "it is beautiful". Your details are great....I can see myself swinging, drinking something and sketching right now! Thanks for sharing.

trisha too said...

Hey, if a house has a porch, it definitely needs a porch swing!!!

:)