Monday, June 10, 2013

RIP My Little Charlotte Doll! - An AP Challenge Post

"Never let little sisters play 
with your dolls!"
That's what my sister always said about me (or at least she thought it!). I was always so rough with them that they'd end up broken or something ripped or I loved to take a marker to them too! BAAAAAD sister! 
So, I immediately channeled my inner child back to those days & put myself in my sister's shoes to make this little tin "coffin" for a broken Charlotte doll to participate in this month's Altered Pages Challenge, "Dolls." 
You can find all the info HERE to participate yourself & win a fabulous prize pack!!!
Without further ado...RIP Charlotte!
Little Charlotte's Tin
I painted the tin in soft pink, blue & green, distressed it with some Paris Inks, crumbled a piece of Bazzill's Antique paper & glued it to the front, inked that some more, created flowers out of ribbon & glued those around some leaves. (When the whole tin was done I added the chain & rosary beads to it so it could hang.)
Hanging open

Inside, I collaged images from two AP sheets - #649 "Vintage Sewing" for the mad big sister in the background & #3025 "Baby Dolls to Love" for the little, devious sister in the foreground over another piece of Antique paper inked with Paris inks. I added a few found objects & charms & then used my labeller to write "Never let little sisters play with your dolls" around the edge.


For the Charlotte side of the tin, I added a crumpled up piece of the Antique paper again, but tried to shape it like a heart, glued that to the background & then hot glued the broken doll on top of that. I used a Mini Spool as a flower vase with RIP written on it; tucked a pen nib into that & glued a ribbon flower on that.

I also added a St. Luke charm to the end of the rosary chain...I'm not Catholic, so I didn't know until I looked it up that he's the Parton Saint for Artists! How appropriate!

That's it! I hope you enjoyed my Little Charlotte's Tin today & I sure hope you will play along with us this month!! AP has tons of Doll collage sheets & supplies for you to play with, so be sure to check it out HERE! Remember though, you must use at least ONE image or product from AP in the challenge to be considered for the prize!
Thanks for playing!
Cheers!





No comments: