Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Drink Me?"


This must have been similar to what Alice felt when she drank that potion that made her so HUGE! But I have not stumbled into a world with marching sea birds, crazy tea parties or a rabbit who's so late for his important date!

I have stumbled into the world of ATC's (Artist Trading Cards)!!



And it's all because of my BFF, Rachel, who went to a stamp show the other day here in Denver & became even more intrigued with these little works of art. So, we've decided to start our own swap with our monthly crop group. I blame her for my new obsession! She's such an enabler!

The day before yesterday, I stewed over what I might do for our first theme, "All About Me" until I came up with my "I am the Queen of..." idea. I was really excited about it & did some digital work on the computer with my picture & even found a new technique or two to try. Even though I think most people will start their trading at our May crop, I wanted to either have mine done or at least have the parts to work on for our upcoming crop.

I was even more thrilled that my friend Melissa invited me to scrap at her house yesterday & I would have all day to work on the parts...Anyone who has a preschooler knows that it's virtually impossible to get things done without interruptions! Don't get me wrong, Maggie is a wonderful kiddo & she can play on her own for good periods of time. But yesterday, she was into everything! My only uninterrupted time was while she napped! And then it took forever to get my mojo on!!

Se la vie!
At least I had a wonderful time visiting with Melissa & seeing her lovely home, but we didn't get much done!! The worst part about scrapping with friends is that you talk so much that you don't get much done! The best part about scrapping with friends is that you talk so much that you don't get much done! Tee Hee Hee!

Oh sorry, I kind-of got off subject there! Back to the tiny world of ATC's! This world is truly amazing but surprisingly hard to begin! It's hard to work in such a tiny space & yet be a little more artistic than usual! I managed to get the photo & a few digital elements printed the right size, but it's still hard to think in such a small scale! To fit all the elements that I want on my cards AND have room to write about myself, I wish I did have some of Alice's shrinking potion! Then everything would already be tiny! I can't wait to hear what my other swap-pals have to say about their experiences with these tiny gems!

I'm off to start my day...filled with tiny things & a 7 Gypsies class this afternoon taught by the aforementioned BFF, Rachel Carlson!

It's a gloomy, rainy day today - the PERFECT day to be creative! Hope you find your magic potion today!



1 comment:

Rachel Carlson said...

you ARE my magic potion! LOVED seeing you for class AND today for more fun. your ATC ROCKS the kasbar - love, love, LOVE it! hugs, rach