Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Spring!


There's just something about Easter that makes me feel like spring has finally arrived - even if there is snow on the ground, which is very typical of Colorado. Not this year though, it was just rainy & foggy all day. But today, the sun is shining, the leaves on the trees are popping out & the flowers are coming up! I love spring because everything looks so new!

Speaking of new (well new to me anyway), I just discovered a great magazine - Simply Handmade! I picked it up the other day because of it's recent spread on fairy-tale projects (having a daughter leads to an endless supply of princess stuff!) & was pleasantly surprised by ALL of its contents! There are so many wonderful projects in there - from cards, to layouts, to home decor! Even a great section on "green" projects! I think I dog-eared most of the mag!

In addition to all of that, they are having a FANTABULOUS giveaway - either a Sizzix Big Shot or a QuickKutz Silhouette! Which is great, cuz I have been debating about saving my pennies for a Cricut Expression, but after reading a little more about the Silhouette, I am leaning towards that one more! And if I were to win one, I'd have more moo-lah for other fantabulous things!! Like some Graphic 45 papers or WebstersPages collections! Or maybe a search on Etsy for some vintage ephemera to add to my projects! Oh! The possibilities!!! Check out he giveaway here: http://simplyhandmademag.blogspot.com/2009/04/die-cut-machine-giveaway.html


Today, Miss Maggie has her 3 yr checkup! I can't believe she's 3 already! She is so tall that I think her Britax seat will be pitched by the end of summer! She's super funny & so VERY verbal that mommy sometimes feels like screaming just to hear my own voice over hers! But seriously, I love her so very much & I can't wait to hear what the doc thinks of her these days!

After that, I am hoping to hang out with my wonderful sister, maybe craft or watch a movie. But it will all depend on the Mags - I can't remember if she'd due for shots today - sure hope not! If so, she will definitely be in a mood that may require some TLC & maybe a trip to the park for a little distraction before nap!

That's it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying the new season as much as me!
Happy Spring!

No comments: