Monday, August 12, 2013

Green Musings - An Altered Pages Challenge

It's time for another great Altered Pages Challenge!!!
{You can find all the info over on the Challenge Blog!}

This month the theme is the color green!
I started with a plain, small wooden block. Covered it with old book paper & when that was dry, I layered 3 shades of green with the Mayan Calendar stencil here & there on the block. {Sorry - no picture! Apparently I forgot to photograph that step!} I used my Dremel to drill holes in the top for the banner poles.
When dry, I used the Andy Skinner Baroque face stencil & some green paint & modeling paste to add eyes to the front of the block as well as some on the back, top & ends. {Sorry, missed that one too!}
Next I enlarged my "In the Forest" collage sheet & cut out a girl from the Collage sheet; mounted her on chipboard; colored her with a green Gelato & set her aside. I then used the Mayan Calendar stencil again to paint the wooden disks I used for wheels.  I hot glued the wheels & the girl onto the block to look like a wagon.
Then I cut out 4 butterflies from the "Glorious Green" Collage Sheet & hot glued the lollipop sticks into the holes previously drilled into the wood block, then strung the fibers & glued the butterflies to the top part of the stick with hot glue.
I used a small banner punch to make the banner flags by punching the top layer, gluing them onto the next layer (book pages), trimming & adding to the next layer of green, trimming those & then using my tiny attacher to staple them onto the string.
That's it!
Here's my lovely green muse!
Wanna join in on the fun & win something fabulous from Altered Pages?
Be sure to read the rules on how to play along on the Challenges  page!
Good luck & Cheers!


No comments: