Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Art, Life & Missing Teeth

It's almost 9 o'clock here.
Maggie's in bed {finally!}; 
Nick was asleep on the couch last I looked & I am going over the list in my head for tomorrow!
{photo credit}
I am super excited to attend this years' Creative Connection & I hope to come home with new ideas & a better understanding of where I want my creative-self to go. I have been toying with the idea of going back to school for some sort of art degree & hope that this trip helps me make that decision once & for all. 
I know that I will meet some amazing people who have made their craft, their career & I hope to learn how they did it ALL & still remain sane!! I hope to learn a new skill or two & to make some new life-long friends from all over!
I hope to bring back some ideas & goodies to share with my ever-supportive mom & sister! I wish desperately that they were coming with me, but I am also proud of myself for taking this step alone. Although I know that we would all learn a ton together, I know that by being by myself, I can focus on my self & what I want out of this journey. Then I can take what I learn from this & share it with them. Hopefully, we will still be headed down the same path.
{photo credit}

I wanted to share a couple life things with you all as well.

I recently received an email from a friend (from Jr. High!) asking me to join her for the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure this Fall with a little note in the side-bar stating how much she appreciated everyone's support over the past 15 months. My first thoughts were, HUH?!!! You see, I had not really heard from her in a while & had no idea that she was battling breast cancer! I was dumbfounded & wished I had known sooner. She's had quite the battle of it all, but is recovering as best she can & I hope to see her soon. It made me so aware of how busy we get with life & how easy it is to let things & people we care about slip by. I hope that I can be better at staying in touch with those I hold dear to my heart.
{photo credit}
Enough of that...My wonderful Magpie is doing fabulous in Kindergarten this year & has just lost another tooth - just in time for school photos! {I couldn't be happier - I love those toothless pictures of my youth!}
And even though I haven't had a minute to sit down & craft over the last week or so, I will show you the beginnings of a Halloween tin I am working on...


I think that's it for tonight. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can sleep tonight - never easy before a trip. I don't leave until after lunch tomorrow, but I will still be going through the List as I finish packing tomorrow! I am so afraid my bag is too heavy with my art supplies inside, but I am purposely taking my largest case so I can bring stuff home too! HA!

No comments: